Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of others? When career opportunities are available at MPHS they are advertised and can be found here on our website.
MPHS Community Trust (MPHS) is a responsive, social action, community development organisation that supports the needs of the community through the running of diverse initiatives, projects and programmes which enable residents and communities to reach full potential. We are a leader in community-led development with a reputation as a successful organisation that ‘gets things done’ through a wide variety of innovative approaches. Some of the current initiatives include; the High Tech Youth Studio, an early years programme, environmental restoration initiatives, governance training programmes for community groups, the Tipping Point social enterprise, and the management of a high-use community facility. We are based at (and run) The Hub in Corban Avenue Henderson.
Interested in Volunteering?
MPHS Community Trust is always open for volunteers and leaders. This is a great opportunity for you to use what you have and do what you can to connect to your community and make it a better place. Doing volunteer work can enable people to work on their confidence and leadership abilities in a safe and low pressure environment. You can volunteer to work in any sector of MPHS that appeals to you, because all work offered by our volunteers is greatly appreciated and our volunteer members are held in high regard.
Contact us to express your interest and let us know if there is a particular programme you are interested in assisting.
“Volunteering doesn’t mean you have the time, but it means you have the heart.”
- Community success story
- Diverse activities & projects
- Join the senior management team
The MPHS Community Trust leads the way with a number of its activities out West. We are looking for a Finance Manager to carry on the tremendous management and accounting work we need to stay financially strong, compliant and able to invest in making our community a better place for all. Under the direction of the CEO the Finance Controller is responsible for the following:
- Managing all accounting functions including preparation of all reports required by the CEO, external service providers and government authorities
- Setting with the CEO appropriate standards and protocols for procedures in the organisation regarding any financial management matter. Working with other managers to assist them to ensure their staff comply with standards and protocols
- Managing financial administration and office operation tasks at The Hub to ensure the office and services run smoothly and efficiently
- Working to ensure the MPHS Management Team operates effectively as a coordinated, collegial and efficient body
- Managing financial / administrative and other any other projects assigned to the position
- The above duties for MPHS, partner trusts and contracting organisations
To achieve the goals set for MPHS the Finance Manager must be committed to community led concepts and have experience and a broad range of proven skills:
- Wide ranging knowledge of business practices
- Financial management and administration
- Budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Suitable tertiary degree
- Proven management team working relationships
- Experience prioritising and managing complex workflows
- Proven project management experience
- Staff management experience
We will be progressively reviewing candidates so don’t delay in expressing interest. For an application form, job description or further details contact Anthony 027 272 3388 or text MPHS to 021 271 3333 with your email address or respond to this advertisement and send your details – email@example.com